Volume 2, Unit 1
We are exhorted by the word of God to “grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ” (1 Peter 3:18). This is typically referred to as progressive sanctification; Christ is being reproduced in us, more and more, by the Spirit’s control. In closing his letter to the church at Thessalonica, Apostle Paul gives us an action plan to achieve being continually conformed into the image of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ (1 Thessalonians 5:16-23). Thus, our position before God is that we are sanctified, set apart unto God; our experience is that we are being sanctified in our daily lives — progressively.
- Lesson 1, Rejoice Evermore!
- Lesson 2, Pray Without Ceasing!
- Lesson 3, In Everything Give Thanks
- Lesson 4, Quench Not the Spirit
- Lesson 5, Despise Not Prophesyings
- Lesson 6, Prove All Things
- Lesson 7, Abstain from All Appearance of Evil